Below is the video (H/T Jen at Blue Like You) for the Conservative rally in Saskatoon yesterday where Prime Minister Stephen Harper outlined the Conservative plan for jobs and economic growth.
It is 26 minutes long but for those who are interested in refuting the latest Liberal ad claiming that a Conservative government has a hidden agenda with regard to health care, you can hear Harper explain (at the 12:10 mark) that during the thirteen years the Liberals were in power under both Jean Chretien and Paul Martin, they made significant cuts to health care transfers to the provinces. Whereas during the last five years the Conservatives have been in power, with two minorities, it was INCREASED by as much as one-third.
So, when Liberals start fear mongering, remind them of those truths, plus the fact that over six consecutive quarters Canada has experienced economic growth, as well as the creation of 500,000 jobs, more than existed before the recession. You can also let them listen to this video where the PM outlines clearly what a majority Conservative government would mean. It would, for example:
- Implement the second phase of the economic Action Plan — the very plan that has placed Canada at the top of the class in the G7 when it comes to job creation and moving out of the recession;
- Provide more money to seniors who do not have private pensions;
- Provide new residents to Canada with loans to get their education credentials recognized;
- Provide more money for energy and home retrofit programs;
- Provide new jobs for veterans;
- Keep hardened criminals off the streets and in jail; and
- Double the tax-free savings account from $5,000 to $10,000.
For information on what the previous two Conservative minority government have already done, please see my list of Harper Government Accomplishments. And, as the PM says, to keep Canada strong and free, remember to vote on May 2nd, 2011. Of course, I plan to vote for my Conservative candidate and hope you will too.